how to appeal
If, following the Adoption or Fostering Panel, you do not agree with the Agency Decision Maker’s decision you may appeal the decision in the following circumstances:
- Where the decision is that you are not suitable to be approved as prospective adoptive parents or foster carers;
- You disagree with the terms of that approval with regards the categories or numbers of children who may be placed with you.
In such circumstances you can appeal by writing to the Agency Decision Maker within 28 days of notification of the decision. In such cases another Panel would be convened (with a different Chair and Panel Members) and you will be able to prepare and submit any further information you would like to be taken into consideration.
commenting on service
Any suggestions, comments or compliments can be passed to the member of staff working with you, their manager, the Director, your local Councillor or the Care Inspectorate. Alternatively you can provide feedback online via www.falkirk.gov.uk.
making a complaint
You have a right to complain if you are dissatisfied:
- Because you feel the service you are receiving is poor;
- Because you have been refused a service, or think there has been an unnecessary delay in providing it;
- Because you believe our services may not meet your needs;
- Because you believe that you have been harassed or discriminated against
You can contact the Complaints Officer using the following details:
Complaints Officer Social Work Services
Denny Town House