We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy online. This notice provides details of what information we collect from you via our website, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.
Identity and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer
Falkirk Council is the data controller. You can contact the data protection officer at:
Data Protection Officer
4 Central Boulevard, Central Park
What information do we collect about you?
For an online enquiry, we collect your name, address, date of birth, telephone contact number and email address.
If you opt in to our newsletter we collect your name and email address.
In order to support the better delivery of our service, the website logs your IP address (which identifies your computer) and information about your session, such as the duration of your visit and type of browser used (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome). This information is used only for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of the site. The site does not automatically capture or store any other personal information.
Why do we collect this information?
The information is being collected for the following purpose:
- To enable us to respond to your enquiry or comment.
- To offer an email newsletter service to provide you with information about our service.
- To provide statistics on use of the website and evaluate its use.
The legal basis for each purpose is Consent.
Where do we collect information from?
We collect information directly from you.
Who might we share your information with?
Information submitted via the website will be shared with the Family Placement Team.
If you opt in to receive our newsletter, we will share your name and email address with a marketing automation platform.
We do not share your information with anyone else, unless we are required to do so by law.
Will we send your information outwith the UK? (transfers to other countries)
Where we use MailChimp as our marketing automation platform, information is transferred to the United States, where MailChimp is located.
Otherwise we do not transfer your information outwith the UK.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We keep your information as long as required by law or by our business requirements. We have a Business Classification Scheme in place which sets out the types of records we hold, and how long we hold them – you can access the relevant part of the scheme below.
What are my rights in relation to the information held about me?
You have the following rights:
- To see any information held about you by making a subject access request.
- To withdraw consent at any time.
- To data portability, where the legal basis for processing is (i) consent or (ii) performance of a contract.
- To request rectification or erasure of your information, where data protection legislation allows this.
Do I have a right to complain about the way information has been used?
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please let us know and we will try to resolve this. If you are still concerned, you can contact the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Tel: Local Rate
or if you prefer to use a national rate number:
Do I have to provide my personal data to you?
You do not have to provide information to us via the website. You can choose to contact us in other ways.
Do you use any automated processes to make decisions about me?
We do not use automated decision-making processes.
- This privacy notice only covers the Falkirk Council Family Placement Team website. Links within this site to other websites are not covered by this privacy notice. You should check the terms of the privacy notice/policy of those other sites.
- We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 via our website. If you are age 12 or under, please do not provide us with information about you or others. Please seek the guidance of your parent or guardian before submitting information via our website.